Sunday, August 20, 2017

Green Day Was a Freaking Amazing Concert

So I just go back from seeing Green Day live, and holy cow they were the best band I've ever seen live and that's not an exaggeration. I cried 5 times. Two of those were because I was laughing so hard and the other three I was just moved.

Here is a list of things that I want to get down before I go to sleep and forget some of them:

1. Wow I am not as young as I used to be. I'm not 16 years old anymore and am already feeling the impact of four hours of jumping around on my knees. I don't want to imagine how that is going to feel in the morning, whew I am out of shape.

2. I just love that Green Day tours when the country needs them. With everything that's going on right now, being there in all that positive energy with a crowd of people who were just as sick of this nazi bullshit as I was, really helped refresh my hope for this country. Dissent looks like hundreds of hyped up people singing along with American Idiot.

3. They were just /so good/. There was no part of that concert that wasn't high energy and amazing.

I'm feeling pretty good right now, let's hope that sticks throughout the week. And there's an eclipse tomorrow! ^_^ That's gonna be great. Mom and I have the glasses for it and everything and we're super looking forward to watching it.

Fortune Favors,
Megan R. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment