Saturday, April 29, 2017

Chaining for Shinies part 6: I Finally Found this Grubbin

Shiny Statistics so far:
Bruxish (Josh) - 71
Cutiefly (ZK)* - 60
Rockruff (ZK)* - 35
Salandit (ZK)* - 70
Cutiefly (Me) - 315
Spinarak (Me) - 42
Dewpider (Me) - 373
Grubbin (Me) - 78* (but actually I killed like 2500+ of these total to get it)
*With the Shiny Charm

I'm not sure how many people give a flying hoot about this, but last night I decided to chain some pokemon to help put me to sleep (because anyone that's ever chained pokemon in bed knows that is a sure recipe to make you tired) and at around chain 78, there it was. Shiny grubbin.

This honestly took me way longer than any sane person spends on obsessively grinding anything in a video game but I seriously feel like it's worth it just to be able to say "Haha I did it" and talk to you fine folks about it. All two of you.

No really, though, there's a certain deep satisfaction that comes with finally achieving something that's been eluding you for months. Almost four months actually. The fun part is that Larvesta is next and that one is going to have to involve some hatchery because it can't be found in the wild in Alola.

Gotta have goals, friends.

-/-/-/-/-

Today I Learned: Poison that attacks the bloodstream is called hemotoxin. Snakes use it to make their prey bleed more and die faster.

Fortune Favors,
Megan R. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment