Friday, February 17, 2017

My Life in an Airship

Fixed up my twitter account today. It was attached to an old e-mail that I no longer have access to, and now I have it hooked up to my g-mail account and fixed so that the "R." is in my name--which is important. I have a super common name. I got tagged on accident in this article about how a scientist also named Megan Miller thinks we can eat locusts and really increase the amount of protein in our diets (but by 'our' I think she more meant people in South Africa). It seemed like a cool idea but they tagged the wrong Megan in it, hence why I really need the R. because this kind of thing happens a lot. I swear I'm not being a diva I just have one of the most common first names and one of the most common last names in the world.

Ironically, I don't have the R. on my blog posts and haven't yet figured out how to fix that, but it's coming!

Wow, my life has kind of just exploded though. So I'm going to take a minute to talk about me because, heh, this is my blog and I'm allowed to do that here. So a couple of weeks ago my writing sensei (that's another thing I learned, I can't just refer to him as my sensei or people think we're doing martial arts) Ty asked me to write a weekly article for the Nerdarchy website.

And alright, like, I was totally stoked out of my mind about that. Because my fiance and I like to sit around together on quiet days, throw something up on youtube and just shoot the breeze and these guys are some of the people that we just throw up on the monitor like that. We watch them, they're a part of our routine, and then suddenly being a part of that is just mind-blowing to me.

Everyone is like, crazy levels of nice. Samantha Karr even invited me into a livestream game they do on youtube and that was ridiculously fun. She and Vex (that's the player's name, not the character's) are awesome party members, ladies are a riot, and Dave is legitimately the most amazing DM.

Just when I thought I'd gotten over the question of whether my tether to the Prime Material Plane had been accidentally cut or not, something else happens and I get that kind of nervous but mostly excited feeling all over again.

And I also feel like I'm re-learning to manage my time. Last year, I got four books written. Realistically I don't think I'm going to be able to do that again this year, but that's okay. If I can get two, I'll be happy with myself. I did say in January that this year was going to be about visibility, I just didn't think it'd be anything nearly like this. I was picturing slogging through networking and stuff and instead I'm having the time of my life with these amazing people working with subject matter that is completely up my alley.

Oh oh oh! And on a totally unrelated but still super exciting note: Johto pokemon are up on Go!!! That means Espeon and Umbreon. Spinarak and Ariados. Ah, I'm just beside myself. February 2k17 has been a good month for me.

What I Learned Today: That "i.e." doesn't stand for "in example", it stands for "that is". "e.g." stands for "for example". Not gonna lie, that threw me a lot, but chalk it up to my something new for today.

Fortune Favors,
Megan R. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment