Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Chaining for Shinies Part 5: Asdkflajda

Shiny Statistics so far:
Bruxish (Josh) - 71
Cutiefly (ZK)* - 60
Rockruff (ZK)* - 35
Salandit (ZK)* - 70
Cutiefly (Me) - 315
Spinarak (Me) - 42
Dewpider (Me) - 373
*With the Shiny Charm

I finally got the shiny charm. The Sooth Bell actually does a lot in terms of making a pokemon happy for evolution so that really helped get Type: Null to evolve into Silvally and now I'm chaining grubbin again. I did try last night and at about 18 accidentally ran, but at that point it was stupid late and I was really tired so I didn't freak out too badly over that.

Tonight, I'm really dead set on getting what I need out of this chain. So we'll see if the shiny charm actually even helps.But according to the internet SOS chaining should give me a 1/172 chance of finding a shiny through chaining.

I have once again broken 200 grubbin chaining for them. That's 996 total grubbin that I have just lain the smackdown on if I count every time I've chained for them. I mean that's counting some of my shorter chains that broke off before I could really get them started, but statistically speaking I really should have had it by now. The shiny grind is hard.

And I know these entries are like, 2% useful information and 98% just me bitching about how hard it is to find this damn grubbin but you don't understand how badly I want it and I'm also kind of hoping my notes on how long other people's chains have been might help somebody else with their data eventually. That said, though, if for some reason you're reading this and you have more data for me I am hella interested so I can record it up there with my statistics. Please leave a comment!

Anyway this chain is sitting on 213, so if 172 were accurate I am once again in statistical improbability mode. But it probably isn't. Like everything I've read online implies that grubbin is just really hard to find. I have yet to find someone that got a shiny grubbin in under 100 chained. Pretty much we are doomed to play the long game if we eventually want a shiny vikavolt.

I have so many other things to be doing right now. Might take another break and leave my DS on sleep mode. When your pokemon goes from nothing in the xp bar to levelling up from level 4 and 5 grubbins you know you've been doing this too long. But at this point it's 7:30 AM and I am way too tired to actually be doing anything productive, I don't trust myself not to jack it up. Not actually sure I should be trusting myself not to jack /this/ up either but c'est la vie.

But yeah you know that feeling when things are getting pretty ridiculous but you just kind of want them to get more ridiculous and see how crazy it can get? That is where I am right now. But I can tell you if something happens and this chain gets broken I am totally just going to masuda a grubbin instead. This is, 100%, the last chain of grubbin. -draws a line in the sand-

It has been super called to my attention though that I really need to sleep, I'm getting confused and rambly, so I'm going to save this, and get back to it later. <3

-/-/-/-/-

So on a chain of 522 grubbin struggled and KO'd itself. I think I'm gonna go ahead and Masuda this one instead.

What I Learned Today: SOS chains reset at 255.
Fortune Favors

No comments:

Post a Comment