Saturday, February 11, 2017

Chaining for Shinies Part 4: Pangoro Don't Know When to Quit

Shiny Statistics so far:
Bruxish (Josh) - 71
Cutiefly (ZK)* - 60
Rockruff (ZK)* - 35
Salandit (ZK)* - 70
Cutiefly (Me) - 315
Spinarak (Me) - 42
Dewpider (Me) - 373
*With the Shiny Charm

Kay so I've been working on filling out the pokedex and today I started chaining Pancham because as I mentioned last time around the only good way to chain for ghosts is with a scrappy pokemon. Now here is where I get brilliant so pay attention; I'm chaining with my alolan Marowak. IE, nothing these Pancham and Pangoro can do can hurt it. And the second one can, I'll know it's scrappy.

The biggest problem I have found myself having is that Pangoro won't call for help. It's down to 1 HP, and it just won't call. I am sitting here and it keeps swinging and not hitting me and this damn Pangoro just doesn't know when to quit.

So lesson learned, do not let Pangoro continue the chain, Pancham only, because Pangoro is way to stubborn to admit when it needs help.

Oh right, that's another thing I learned today about SOS chains! All members of the evolutionary line count. Knocking out pancham in favor of pangoro doesn't break the chain, but any other species would. The big problem with this is that, as I said, pangoro isn't calling for help it's being a stubborn biatch.

I am actually kind of concerned it'll struggle and knock itself out before it calls for help. I should catch it and name it April. (That's my mom's name, she's stubborn and would totally also be that guy who does that.)

Okay so I just found out. Pangoro actually will not call for help. So I have to start that chain over, fortunately I was only like 9 in.

And now I have a scrappy pangoro. Time to breed some pancham.

What I Learned Today: Javanese is a language. Spelled like that. I had no idea it even existed until today.

Fortune Favors

No comments:

Post a Comment